Professor Dr. Dieter Horstkotte, MD is a medical specialist in the field of therapy and cardiology. Director of the Department of Cardiology and Head Doctor of the Center of Cardiology and Diabetology of North Rhine-Westphalia area, Bad Oeynhausen сity.
Dieter Horstkotte has almost 25-years of experience in the field of therapy and cardiology. From 1971 till 1978 he studied human medicine in Düsseldorf University, in 1979 passed the state exam in medicine, in 1980 obtained a license for medical practice and then (till 1987) attended internship training. From 1987 till 1989 Dieter Horstkotte managed the Interdisciplinary Therapeutic of Intensive Care Unit in the Health Clinic at University Düsseldorf, thereafter during five years he was a Head Doctor of this Department. From September, 1994 and till his transfer in 1998 in Bad Oeynhausen city was a leading Head Doctor of this Clinic at the Free University Berlin.
In 1998 Dieter Horstkotte assumed direction of the Faculty of Therapy/Cardiology of Ruhr University in Bochum city.
The principle direction of the practice:
- Coronaria diseases treatment.
- Diagnostics and treatment of heart rhythm disorders.
- Inflammatory heart problems.
- Hufeland Prize – it was established by the German Medical Insurance Interests; it was awarded in 1995.
- Prize of the Fritz-Acker-Foundation – it is awarded by the Registered Society of Cardiologists - cardiovascular system study; it was awarded in 1997.
- A great number of publications in German and English.