Evangelical Hospital (Evangelisches Krankenhaus Düsseldorf) in Düsseldorf city, North Rhine- Westphalia area, is the biggest hospital in Düsseldorf. This modern medical center includes 10 departments and 10 specialized centers, contains 560 hospital beds and accepts per year over 23 thousand patients. In 2007 in the Hospital one of the most up-to-date and high-technology General Operating Room in Germany began to function where annually over 10 thousand operations are held.
As of today Evangelical Hospital in Düsseldorf city is specialized in:
- General surgery: surgery of thyroid gland and parathyroid gland.
- Urgent surgery: acute inflammation of appendicitis, intestinal obstruction, dermic apostasies, and traumas of abdominal and chest cavities.
- Orthopedics: in the focus of attention of the Department of Orthopedics of the Evangelic Hospital there are both up-to-date surgical and conservative treatment modes in the area of orthopedics and traumatic surgery. The main specialization is treatment of acute and chronic diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
In addition to the principal directions in Evangelical Hospital in Düsseldorf one can undergo treatment in the departments as follows:
- Department of Anesthesiology.
- Department of Surgery.
- Department of Orthopedics and Traumatic Surgery.
- Department of Dermatology.
- Department of Obstetrics.
- Department of Gynecology.
- Department of Otorhinolaryngology.
- Department of Internal Medicine.
- Department of Cardiology.
- Department of Neonatology.
- Department of Pediatrics and Hebiatrics.
- Department of Radiology.
- Department of Radiation Treatment.
There are Specialized Medical Centers in Evangelical Hospital of Düsseldorf:
- Center of Mammary Gland Diseases.
- Center of Gastrointestinal Problems.
- Center of Vessels Examination.
- Gynaecological Cancer Center.
- Cardio Center.
The Evangelical Hospital of Düsseldorf possesses the most up-to-date medical equipment as of today and uses the newest methods of diagnostic and different diseases treatment.