Aachen Region Medical Center (Medizinisches Zentrum StädteRegion Aachen GmbH) in Würselen city, (Aachen Region), North Rhine-Westphalia area, was established in 2001 under the consolidation of two medical complexes: Bardenberg Hospital and Marienhoehe Hospital. This up-to-date Medical Center includes 13 departments, has 685 hospital beds and receives over 24 thousand of patients peryear.
As of today Aachen Region Medical Center is specialized in:
- Stroke Unit: here one provides treatment only for patients with stroke.
- Palliative medicine: There is palliative medicine compartment in the hospital where the first place takes a task to provide patients with fatal illnesses at late stages with appropriate care and treatment.
- Treatment of gastrointestinal issues: There is a compartment in the hospital where patients are supervised by medical practitioners and surgeons simultaneously; one treats diseases of pancreatic gland, gall bladder, stomach, and intestinal tract.
- Urinology: Prostatology Center under the direction of the Professor, Doctor of Medical Science Tomas Voegeli (Prof. Dr. med. T. A. Voegeli).
In addition to the principle directions in Aachen Medical Center one can undergo treatment in the departmetns as follows:
- Department of General, Vascular, and Thoracic Surgery.
- Department of Geriatrics.
- Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- Department of Internal Medicine: Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- Department of Therapeutic Rheumatology.
- Department of Orthopedics and Traumatic Surgery.
- Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine.
- Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive and Emergency Medical Care.
- Department of Pain Therapy and Palliative Medicine.
- Department of Urinology and Pediatric Urinology.
- Department of Ophthalmology.
- Department of Otorhinolaryngology.
- Department of Neuroscience.